Monday, December 30, 2013

Drawing progress - Magnolia

Colored pencil drawings takes time.



Lots of time.

Progress from previous shot after 3-4 hours.






I have kept working




and working,



slow but I am making progress.





I did not have as much time as usual to work on Wednesday. Although I came into the gallery early, there were visitors and business to take care of.

This week has been much busier than expected. The weekend storms snapped off our remaining tree in the back yard.

So as of the start of today, the flower itself was taking shape, but it just laid there on the surface.


As of the end of today, I think it is coming together finally.

I think the back ground leaves look a bit too small, so will work to enlarge them tomorrow.

But it is starting to look like those large, glossy flowers!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this post? I would love to hear from you