Monday, January 6, 2014

Using And Extending Colored Pencils


 
Here you can see pencil stub and new white pencil
 

Colored pencils are great for artwork. Nice, dry medium and totally portable. But they can be a little pricey. When working on a large piece it is easy to use several pencils of the same color completely.





 


Pencils with paper clip to push together
 
For my large magnolia drawing(s) I have already just about used up 4 white pencils. Right down to the stubs!








Pencils, glue and high-tech tool!
 

Even with a pencil extender, I am running out.

 

To use all of the pencil a small investment in a super-type glue, steady hands ( and to be honest a small amount of nail polish remover! To unstick fingers!)






Joined pencils, see how one is almost used up!
 

And wa la, I can use up all the pencil!
 
I did discover that using a partially unbent paper clip helped me glue the pencils together without gluing my fingers together.






Joined pencils.
Top one just joined, bottom used almost to the nub again!
but I got another 1/2 hours use.


sharpened with a pencil sharpener, They hold just fine!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this post? I would love to hear from you