The major problem we need to overcome is the slow drying time of oils. To deal with this we used a drying agent, and lamps to speed curing of the paint.
We did start by toning the work surface. Basically we took the white off (something I am used to) with a thin coating of burnt sienna on two small supports and payne’s gray. Then while those were drying up, we traced the basic layouts for 3 works.
There could be no misunderstanding; she explained it simply and completely.
We actually started the underpainting of one of the works in the afternoon. We painted until 5:30. when we left, I think we all were tired!