Friday, December 9, 2011

Miniature Show is Over

It seems like I was planning forever. But the 11th Annual National Miniature Show ends Monday. After that it is time to take down, make sure those paintings that sold, and there were a lot of them this year, get to their rightful owners, and the rest returned to the artists.

For the last 6 weeks I have done little but teach my classes and take people through the show.

But all the work was worth it. Now I can relax, at least for a month!

then come January, the planning starts on next years shows!




But until then I have time to work on my own art. And decide what direction it will take.

I want to take the time to do a few of the painting project on about.com/painting, especially this month’s mixed media project.

I had not been very interested in mixed media in the past, but now that I have gained experience and insight into more media, the thought of combining them is more welcoming.

I also want to explore supports more, like film, velum and parchment.  

Now is the right time to stop and reflect on where I have been to see where I have to go.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on another successful miniatures show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marion.

    I love doing it, and love the show, but boy is it work! Anyone who thinks an art show is easy has never done the ground work! Doing the art is the easy part!

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy this post? I would love to hear from you