Monday, September 20, 2010

Crafting supply tools


I don't know about you, but my stash of pencils, mostly colored pencils is a mess.


Over the years I have quite the collection. At one time, this was not a real problem, as I simply keep them in portable silverware caddies, the plastic kind that are made to carry around outside. I had a couple and I could divide my pencils by color. I did not worry about brands or types. Ignorance is bliss!


Worked find, until I started having to take them places. Then I needed to keep them from rolling around and falling out. Many of my sets I keep in their tins, but as you add more colors, there are naturally, no slots for those.


And I am too cheap to buy enough of those pencil rolls.


I need one for each type, Inktense, Graphtint, pastel, etc. and for those I work with constantly, I still need to divide the stash by color family.


What is a cheapskate to do?


Well, Helen South, in her blog, about.com/drawing & sketching, has a list of things you can make to organize yourself and your studio.


So now I have to dig out my fabric stash and get to work!




of all the crafts listed, this one is my favorite, the pencil roll.




My thanks to Cassie for posting this on her blog, You Go Girl!

3 comments:

  1. I think I will try to make one or more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a fast pencil roll: take a nice tea towel, fold up one edge, sew series of lines to make pencil pockets, sew ribbon or shoelace on one corner, and it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a good idea! These towels are easy to get and adding ribbon is really easy too!

    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy this post? I would love to hear from you