Sunday, May 2, 2010

Artistic Struggle Part 2








I talk a big talk about every painting being important, and in its own way a success.
I do believe this. Even paintings that fail miserably, teach us something. Sometimes we learn more from the failure than from the successes. Without the failures, there would be no successes.



Well, one of my goals this year was to try different mediums. I have done so with definitely mixed results!



I have also tried to mix things up a bit and go for less than more, Fewer colors and fewer details.
That is also mixed success. I have written about these paintings and that has lead me think about what went right with them and what went wrong.



Struggling with these two, I think I have the “Rocks in the Stream” improved, and I have worked on the “Park Path”.



The “River Rocks” I am considering done as well as I am able to now. While it is not a complete, stand-alone painting, it was a learning experience, and in that sense, a successful painting.



As for the “Park Path”, that too will be put aside. I am not happy with it, but I do like the overall layout. I will consider this one completed as far as I am going to go with this particular painting. I will use this small painting as a "sketch" for a larger, more complete painting, incorporating what I have learned into a better painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this post? I would love to hear from you